“One of the best ways to persuade others is with your ears—by listening to them.” – Dean Rusk
Mediation is a voluntary, interest based, process where parties work together to reach a mutually acceptable resolution to a conflict. The mediator does not have decision making power but works with the parties to identify their interests, generate and assess possible alternatives and reach agreement.
The mediator creates an environment where the parties can build agreement through respectful listening, dialogue and persuasion. The confidential mediation process offers timely, economical outcomes tailored to meet the needs of the parties. We have experience mediating conflicts involving just a few parties to matters involving several dozen.
We have experience in a wide range of substantive areas including:
Employment, labor and workplace:
- Discrimination complaints in the public/private sectors, whistle blowing, retaliation and ERISA violations. Sectors include: service, professional, manufacturing, media/publishing, sales and marketing, health care, academia, banking, insurance, law enforcement.
- Dysfunctional workplace disputes involving business and governmental entities in situations that involved multiple disputing parties.
- Medical and dental practice management and partnership conflicts.
- Mediator for US Equal Opportunity Employment Commission, federal agencies and United States Postal Service (REDRESS).
- Loraine is a federally certified EEO investigator.
Construction, commercial, business and debtor/creditor disputes:
- Construction claims.
- Post-closing valuation issues on the purchase and sale of businesses.
- Issues involving family held businesses and property.
- Secured transactions for manufacturing equipment.
Professional malpractice and liability:
- Medical competence and privileges issues.
- Design professional malpractice.
- Premises liability.
- Post-traumatic stress claims.