“Let us never negotiate out of fear. But let us never fear to negotiate.” – John F. Kennedy
Negotiation is at the heart of every interaction, yet when we try to achieve our goals we fall short and occasionally damage relationships. When you know how to negotiate effectively using interest based techniques the opportunities for success are much greater. Successful negotiation is not a “zero sum game” where one side dominates the other. Successful negotiation creates value for all parties so that a mutually acceptable outcome is achieved where relationships are preserved and enhanced. Through experiential learning you can immediately apply what you learn on large and small negotiations.
You will learn:
- Your negotiation style, that of others and when to use a style
- How to avoid common mistakes and unintentional bias, overcome barriers and deal with difficult people and emotions
- How to set goals and exchange information
- Strategies to start the negotiation, bargain, close and gain commitment
- How to maintain and build relationships throughout the negotiation
- How to achieve better outcomes
We have both off the shelf trainings and tailored training to your particular situation with specifically designed exercises. We offer half-day overviews and one or two day workshops in basic negotiation or advanced negotiation skills.
We have designed for trainings for settings including: law, business, sales, healthcare, and other settings.
Open Enrollment Negotiation Training November 30 – December 1, 2016
Through Quinnipiac University Law School Center on Dispute Resolution – Please Visit Quinnipiac Website to Register